We have been considering whether to join some of the systems of ecological certification for a long time. We were aware that this would make the orientation for both our business partners and customers easier. At the same time, we perceived that these certificates and the related checks work with our fear of fraud and abuse. What we strive to create, however, is a space which will not be deformed by such fears.
That is why we willingly decided to rather explain why and how we do things. Why we choose certain ingredients but avoid others. We try to be as transparent as possible so that everybody has the opportunity to decided whether our work and products are in line with his/her view of the world.
Based on the many questions and feedback from our business partners and customers, we decided in 2019 to have our main household, and later also the new cosmetics products, certified. We managed to gain the internationally renowned certificate Ecogarantie which guarantees that strict ecological requirements are met. The products:
- Are safe and sensitive towards the environment and health of the user.
- Leave a minimal ecological footprint (raw materials, energy, production, packaging, transport).
- Contain quality raw materials coming from renewable resources (if possible).
- Are without any oil products or GMO.
- Strict regulation of stabilisers, emulsifiers and preservatives.
- All vegetable-based extracts are 100% organic.
- Products must be fully biodegradable.
- Products are not tested on animals.
- Human rights are observed during the whole production process; ban on any discrimination of employees.
- The packaging must provide information regarding any potential risks related to the used substances.
The certification is completely independent, the compliance with the certification requirements is examined by external certification bodies. For more information about this Belgian certificate with a more than 20-year-old tradition, please visit https://ecogarantie.eu/.